Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fog rolling in on the Sutro Baths


Weather at the coast is always changeable. As the fog rolled in, the cool breeze was a welcome change to the uncharacteristic hot weather that had settled over San Francisco.

I stood above the baths on the trail leading down just below Louie's Seafood, I reminisced back to my college days when my friends and I would come down to Sutro Baths late in the night with the weight of the world on our shoulders. Something about the ruins, the vastness of the ocean and the crash of the waves would remind us how insignificant we were, and our troubles would be put into perspective.

The building on the right in the center of the photograph is where the history of the Baths had been painted before it was painted over with gray cement paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment